A guarantee of quality workmanship will be given with every MacPherson Instrument. MacPherson Guitars will accept responsibility (within the warranty period) for any returns due to poor workmanship or defective parts. Any hardware or parts supplied by MacPherson Guitars found to be defective or faulty will be replaced within the warranty period.
A 12 month warranty period is given with every new instrument if purchased directly from MacPherson Guitars or an authorised dealer. The warranty period starts from the date of purchase or day of collection upon complete and final payment of any outstanding monies due on the instrument. The warranty is not transferable.
The warranty does not cover;
• Components or parts which have not been supplied by MacPherson Guitars.
• Instruments/timber/paintwork that have been exposed to extreme temperatures, misused, damage due to improper care and maintenance, accidentally or intentionally damaged.
• General “wear and tear” through use, including any discolorations, fading or damage to the original finish, fret wear and any discolouration to the plating of any hardware.
MacPherson Guitars makes no other express warranty of any kind whatsoever. All implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, exceeding the specific provisions of this warranty are hereby disclaimed and excluded from this warranty. Some countries do not allow the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties so the above may not apply to you.
MacPherson Guitars shall not be liable for any special, indirect consequential, incidental or other similar damage suffered by the purchaser or by any third party, including without limitation, damages for loss or profits or business or damages resulting from use or performance of any MacPherson Instrument, whether in contract or in tort, even if MacPherson Guitars or it’s authorised representative has been advised of such damages, and MacPherson Guitars shall not be liable for any expenses, claims or suits arising from or relating to any of the foregoing.
Terms and Conditions
1. All goods supplied remain the property of MacPherson Guitars until paid for in full. Instruments will not be released until paid for in full.
2. Applicable to Custom orders, oral or written estimates will be given as accurately as possible but may differ slightly from the final price. The amount payable will be the amount invoiced.
3. For custom instruments the amount payable will be based on an hourly labour rate plus any materials supplied by MacPherson Woodcrafts unless a pre determined price has been agreed.
4. Deposits will be required before any work can be undertaken. Deposits are non refundable.
5. Any returns which require repair or replacement due to misuse, accidental damage, faulty goods not supplied by MacPherson Guitars or general wear and tear will be repaired or replaced upon request at the current hourly rate.
6. In order for deadlines to be met, a realistic completion date must be allowed. MacPherson Guitars cannot and will not guarantee completion of work if an unrealistic completion date is imposed.
7. Timber and materials are always subject to availability.
a, unless specific products with the relevant part numbers are provided, colour matches may be subject to a mixing charge and are not guaranteed to be shade accurate.
b, solid and stain colours can only be mixed within +/- 10% shade accuracy.
c, the proper curing/drying times must be allowed for all finishing products.
8. There will be no cost for order cancellations providing no work has been undertaken against that order, if the cancellation occurs after work has started there will be a charge to cover time and materials up to the point where the cancellation is instructed.
9. Shipping/carriage and postal costs will be charged at cost.
10. MacPherson Guitars does not accept any responsibility for goods damaged whilst in transit.
11. All cheques should be made payable to MacPherson Woodcrafts.
12. All prices shown on this website do not include any shipping or carriage costs, nor do they include any non B.C. taxes, import/export or clearance duties.
13. B.C. Taxes at the current rate are applicable, non B.C. clients will be charged according to tax requirements.
MacPherson Guitars is a trading name of MacPherson Woodcrafts.
These Trading Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of British Columbia and Canada, any disputes will be decided only by the Canadian courts.
If any of these Trading Terms is held by any court of competent authority to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, this will not affect the validity of the remaining Trading Terms which will continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law, provided any contract made under these Trading Terms is capable of continuing in existence.